Re: Create Role Documentation - Not Clear for new users

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Create Role Documentation - Not Clear for new users
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Monday, August 21, 2023, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/database-roles.html

Hi! Hope you are doing great!

 I'm trying to learn about PostgreSQL, I'm totally new, and I think that for
people like me, the documentation is not clear, for example, you are stating
that we need to run the ` CREATE ROLE name; `, but you are not specifying if
that is directly on the terminal?

In my case, I'm trying to run that on my terminal and I'm getting:
`CREATE: not found`,

I think would be great if that part could be improved!

I'm reading that in chapter 22 because in chapter 1.4 I'm being referenced
to chapter 22
Thanks for letting me share :D my thoughts!

All SQL is to be run within the psql program or whatever client you choose to execute SQL from.  Pointing that out everywhere would be exceedingly tedious.

David J.

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Include rust as an externally maintained procedural language
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Include rust as an externally maintained procedural language