Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 12:26 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 06:26:45PM +0100, Álvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2023-Nov-22, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>
> > I think the example had best be at "8.5.2. Date/Time Output", in
> > doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml around line 2552.
>
> Actually, isn't that a strange location?  Chapter 8.5.2 is about the
> datatype itself, and there's already a cross-link to Section 9.8 for
> to_char() stuff.  Since this is to_char() that the example wants to add,
> I think the to_char reference is a more appropriate place -- probably
> table "9.31 to_char Examples".

I originally thought it belonged in section 9.8 too, but I think the
value of this example is ISO 8601 and I don't see how we can cleanly
mention that in table 9.31.

Most of our tables have description columns, we could add one here.  Or I've seen us use footnote superscripts before in a table then add the footnote text after the end of the table.

I'm against incorporating this material into the data types in Chapter 8.

David J.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Confusing Trigger Docs.