Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna@aol.com> wrote:
I am not sure this is the same what I was thinking about.  For example, in db2, connect privilege can be granted to a group and so is grant privilege as in
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE SCHEMA.TABLE TO GROUP ABC;
GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE TO GROUP ABC

The "LOGIN" attribute for a Role is not inheritable and I do not imagine changing it to be is something the project can consider.

Every login user must have their own role in the database.  These roles are separate from O/S users though "mappings" can be established between the two in pg_hba.conf.

David J.

От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?
От: Dimitri Maziuk
Сообщение: Re: Can Pg somehow recognize/honor linux groups to control useraccess ?