Re: Increase the length of identifers from 63 characters to 128 characters or more

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Increase the length of identifers from 63 characters to 128 characters or more
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Monday, May 6, 2024, Peter Burbery <petercullenburbery@gmail.com> wrote:

Business Use-case: I want to create a table named things_that_take_up_a_lot_of_storage_and_space_on_a_computer_and_hard_drive of 75 characters. I also want to create a column named thing_that_takes_up_a_lot_of_storage_and_space_on_a_computer_and_hard_drive_id of 78 characters. People have asked for this feature before.

We have a mailing list archive.  You should do the same research of past requests and discussions on it since that is where you will find the developers involved in the discussion and can find out the past reasoning as to why this hasn’t been changed.

 David J.

От: Peter Burbery
Сообщение: Increase the length of identifers from 63 characters to 128 characters or more
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: apply_scanjoin_target_to_paths and partitionwise join