Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Peter Eisentraut-2 [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2/1/15 11:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think it's time we changed the policy of including all release notes
> back to the beginning in Appendix E.

I share the sentiment that the release notes *seem* too big, but the
subsequent discussion shows that it's not clear why that's really a
problem.  Exactly what problem are we trying to fix?

​We'd get a lines-of-code decrease which would translate into a improvement in the make process time; most noticeable for someone doing a doc-only build, multiple times, to see how a doc change looks.  No time percentage has been provided yet but the goal seems reasonable in theory.

David J.​

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand