Re: [GENERAL] postgresql how to duplicate rows in result.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgresql how to duplicate rows in result.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
For my enlightenment, why use LATERAL here? I get the same result with a simple CROSS JOIN (though overall I like the clever solution).

​To be explicit, I think.  CROSS JOIN function() implies lateral in the implementation but you can always specify it if desired.  Like saying LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of LEFT JOIN

If it wasn't lateral the reference to number in "generate_series(1, number)" would fail.

David J.

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] postgresql how to duplicate rows in result.
От: Tim Bellis
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum stuck for hours, blocking queries