Re: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday, June 15, 2024, Koen De Groote <kdg.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
I've gone over all of https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logical-replication.html and the only mentions of the word "index" I could find was in relation to replica identity and examples of table definitions showing primary key indexes.

Nothing is said about indexes. Maybe for good reason, maybe they are fully functionality immediately after replication?

So the main question: Once a table is fully replicated, do I need to vacuum(analyze) that table, or are the indexes on that table already functional?

The whole point of “logical” replication is that the inserts/updates/deletes are reapplied on the secondary against the table and the whatever triggers, indexes, or whatnot exist on that table in the secondary behave just as if you connected to the server directly and issued the corresponding SQL against it. As far as the replication system is concerned none of those things on the primary matter nor does it have to care about them on the secondary.

David J.

От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: Is a VACUUM or ANALYZE necessary after logical replication?
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: DROP COLLATION vs pg_collation question