Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Probably the most discussion-worthy item is whether we can say
> anything more about the strxfrm mess.  Should we make a wiki
> page about that and have the release note item link to it?

I think that there is an argument against doing so, which is that
right now, all we have to offer on that are weasel words. However, I'm
still in favor of a Wiki page, because I would not be at all surprised
if our understanding of this problem evolved, and we were able to
offer better answers in several weeks. Realistically, it will probably
take at least that long before affected users even start to think
about this.

​One question to debate is whether placing a list of "known" (collated from the program runs lots of people performed) would do more harm than good.  Personally I'd rather see a list of known failures and evaluate my situation objectively (i.e., large index but no reported problem on my combination of locale and platform).  I understand that a lack of evidence is not proof that I am unaffected at this stage in the game.  Having something I can execute on my server to try and verify behavior - irrespective of the correctness of the indexes themselves - would be welcomed.

David J.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
От: Sridhar N Bamandlapally
Сообщение: Nested funtion