Re: [PERFORM] Insert Concurrency

От David Rowley
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Insert Concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 18 April 2017 at 14:55, ROBERT PRICE <rprice504@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I come from an Oracle background and am porting an application to postgres.
> App has a table that will contain 100 million rows and has to be loaded by a
> process that reads messages off a SQS queue and makes web service calls to
> insert records one row at a time in a postgres RDS instance. I know slow by
> slow is not the ideal approach but I was wondering if postgres had
> partitioning or other ways to tune concurrent insert statements. Process
> will run 50 - 100 concurrent threads.

Have you tested performance and noticed that it is insufficient for
your needs? or do you just assume PostgreSQL suffers from the same
issue as Oracle in regards to INSERT contention on a single table?

You may like to look at pgbench [1] to test the performance if you've
not done so already.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/pgbench.html

От: ROBERT PRICE
Сообщение: [PERFORM] Insert Concurrency
От: Daniel Blanch Bataller
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Insert Concurrency