Re: Parallel Aggregate

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Parallel Aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 March 2016 at 18:19, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here I attached update patch with further changes,
> 1. Explain plan changes for parallel grouping

Perhaps someone might disagree with me, but I'm not all that sure I
really get the need for that. With nodeAgg.c we're doing something
fundamentally different in Partial mode as we are in Finalize mode,
that's why I wanted to give an indication of that in the explain.c
originally. A query with no Aggregate functions using nodeGroup.c
there is no special handling in the executor for partial and final
stages, so I really don't see why we need to give the impression that
there is in EXPLAIN.

-- David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
От: Konstantin Knizhnik
Сообщение: Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding