Re: Automatically parsing in-line composite types

От Mitar
Тема Re: Automatically parsing in-line composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

Bump my previous question. I find it surprising that it seems this
information is not possible to be reconstructed by the client, when
the server has to have it internally. Is this a new feature request or
am I missing something?

> I am trying to understand how could I automatically parse an in-line
> composite type. By in-line composite type I mean a type corresponding
> to ROW. For example, in the following query:
>
> SELECT _id, body, (SELECT array_agg(ROW(comments._id, comments.body))
> FROM comments WHERE comments.post_id=posts._id) AS comments FROM posts
>
> It looks like I can figure out that "comments" is an array of records.
> But then there is no way really to understand how to parse those
> records? So what are types of fields in the record?
>
> I start the parsing process by looking at types returned in
> RowDescription message and then reading descriptions in pg_type table.
>
> Is there some other way to get full typing information of the result I
> am assuming is available to PostreSQL internally?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

От: Laiszner Tamás
Сообщение: Composite type storage overhead
От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Re: Is this a bug ?