Re: Russian, was: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Vitaly Burovoy
Тема Re: Russian, was: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/11/16, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 09:13:32AM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
>> Some people don't understand all these issues with she/he, for example,
>> we
>> in Russia are not really concern about this.
>
> Russian offers a "Mr.Bartunov" and a "Mrs.Bartunova". Am I mistaken ?
>
> Karsten Hilbert

Yes, but I guess Oleg meant pronouns in documents.
In situations like 'When the user has to do something, firstly _he_
must do something else'.
In Russian pronouns have their own "gender" not necessarily connected
to a gender of real user who is reading the doc and in most cases such
pronouns are "masculine", that's why we don't concern to replace "he"
to "he/she" or somewhat else.
--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Russian, was: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Russian, was: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?