Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively
Дата
Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi:

 If you use explicit cast, then the code should not be hard, in the rewrite stage all information should be known.

Can you point to me where the code is for the XML stuff?  I thought
this is a bad idea but I may accept it if some existing code does
such a thing already.   "such thing"  is  typeA:typeB is
converted something else but user can't find out an entry in
pg_cast for typeA to typeB.

It would be cool but still I didn't see a way to do that without making
something else complex.

 The custom @-> operator you can implement in your own custom extension. Builtin solutions should be generic as it is possible.

I agree, but actually I think there is no clean way to do it, at least I
dislike the conversion of typeA to typeB in a cast syntax but there
is no entry in pg_cast for it.  Are you saying something like this
or I misunderstood you?

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan

От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: Fix incorrect start up costs for WindowAgg paths (bug #17862)
От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Improve const use in zlib-using code