Table column with numeric and string values

От Firthouse banu
Тема Table column with numeric and string values
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello everyone,

Need a urgent help.

I have a table sqlt_data with column strungvalue  as character varying , in that column we have both numbers and string.
I have function which pulls this values and do round(avg(string value::numeric,2),0) . Am able to run the function fine with numeric values and it is obvious but for string values getting error. How to make this function work with string values . As far as I know avg or round cannot be done on string values. Please advise.

Thanks
Firthouse

От: liam saffioti
Сообщение: Re: autoovacuum launcher process
От: soumitra bhandary
Сообщение: Re: Table column with numeric and string values