Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От Sahil Harpal
Тема Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Also. what should I use for labeling: mount_point or drive_letter? It's possible that the query might not return either of these values on some systems.
For instance, in my case, it's returning values for drive_letter but null for mount_point. However, in the example provided (here), it's returning paths for mount_point and null for drive_letter.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 at 23:34, Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 at 09:59, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 4:21 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 at 00:37, Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Pending Work:
  1. Process information -
    • Issue: The pg_sys_process_info() query takes much longer (more than 2 mins) to execute and prevents the updation of other graphs and tables.
This may happen on Windows, can you try to fetch these details separately (not combining with other charts) only for Windows?

I tried this, but it didn't work. I even created a separate endpoint to fetch the data; however, it's still not working as expected. I believe it's more of a server-side problem. I'm not entirely certain, but I think we're executing the queries sequentially (Single threaded). This could be preventing the updating of other graphs and tables.
Since the deadline is approaching, I'll first try to resolve other issues and after that I'll look into this.
  1. Disk information -
    • Issue: The pg_sys_disk_info() query returns NULL value for some of the drive letters.
If it returns NULL then do not show anything for that field for particular Disk.
For disk statistics, we have decided to use pie and bar charts, and we need drive letters for labeling. I just observed that the query is now returning drive letters for both SSD and HDD partitions, which were failing earlier. Maybe it was my system's fault. However, there are still some entries for which the drive letter is missing.
image.png
But as @Dave Page suggested:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 at 15:34, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On your system, what are the volumes without letters etc? If they're things like swap/pagefile, recovery partition etc, then they can probably be omitted (e.g. SELECT ... WHERE mount_point IS NOT NULL OR drive_letter IS NOT NULL).
Can I omit the rows with null values?

От: Sahil Harpal
Сообщение: Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
От: Khushboo Vashi
Сообщение: Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design