Re: Cannot change archive_command with a reload

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Cannot change archive_command with a reload
Дата
Re: Cannot change archive_command with a reload
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM, CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/14, 9:51 AM, Raghavendra wrote:
> My issue is the &f instead of %f at the end.  However here's the intent:
>
> if the first command is true (cp %p /data/wal_tmp/%f) then I want the second
> command to execute (mv /data/wal_tmp/%f /data/wal/%f)

I suggest you to wrap the commands in a shell script and to get a log
of the activity, at least in the beginning, to see what is not
working. Moreover, having a script will allow you to extend the logic.

> since both directories are in the same file system the mv is immediate so
> any process watching for files to show up in /data/wal will never see a
> partial file

As explained by others, the issue of having partial files is not an
issue at all.

Luca

От: sharon
Сообщение: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password
От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: Cannot change archive_command with a reload