select version() with internal number version?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема select version() with internal number version?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
HI all,
I see a lot of external tools that do a 'SELECT version()' and then
parse the output to get the version number (e.g., 10.4).
My opinion is that this is not a good approach, since the output of
version includes a lot of information and can mismatch a poorly
written regular expression. It would be better to use pg_config
--version, byt again there is the needing for mangling the data.
Is there any way to get directly the PostgreSQL version number?

Thanks,
Luca

От: Abhinav Mehta
Сообщение: Re: Pg_rewind cannot load history wal
От: Wèi Cōngruì
Сообщение: Re: select version() with internal number version?