Re: suggestion about time based partitioning and hibernate

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: suggestion about time based partitioning and hibernate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 6:45 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Therefore I suggest to avoid doing
> that.  Either look at some other partitioning scheme that doesn't
> involve adding columns to the primary key, or disregard partitioning for
> this table entirely.

What do you mean by "other partitioning scheme"? There is nothing that
comes into my mind at the moment.
The problem is that, unluckily, the table is already greater than 50GB
in seize and is keep growing, so I guess something has to be done, at
least for a manainance point of view.

Would a partition by hash on the single column primary key be such a bad idea?

Thanks,
Luca

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: My 1st JDBC and PostgreSQL
От: Anthony Apollis
Сообщение: Re: TSQL To Postgres - Unpivot/Union All