Re: Event Triggers and Dropping Objects

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Event Triggers and Dropping Objects
Дата
Re: Event Triggers and Dropping Objects  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 10:38 PM Miles Elam <miles.elam@productops.com> wrote:

> The event trigger firing matrix lists tags like DROP TABLE and DROP FUNCTION are listed below the ddl_command_end
event,but when I created a basic audit table and event trigger, they don't seem to fire. I know sql_drop exists, but
againthe matrix lists DROP commands in the ddl_command_end event.

Yes, I think this is a little misleading:
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/event-trigger-matrix.html>.
The ddl_command_end is issued, and the function is invoked, but
pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands() returns NULL on such invocation
because sql_drop is the event with the attached data.

Hope this helps,
Luca

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Clarification on the release notes of postgresql 12 regardingpg_upgrade
От: PegoraroF10
Сообщение: Re: Performance on JSONB select