Re: CoC [Final]

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: CoC [Final]
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
On 20 January 2016 at 20:04, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> "which could be considered" is too open-ended.  Since this point is
> the one and only that can cause enforcement to occur, it should be more
> strict as to what it is that will not be tolerated.  I'd propose
> something like "is widely regarded as harassment" or something like
> that, so that it needs to be clear that there is a large group of people
> that considers the behavior unwanted rather than some minority.

The problem with _that_ is that on the internet of 3 billion people "a
large group of people" can be whipped up from a tiny minority.

At the end of the day this will require human judgment rather than formulation.

Human judgment may be flawed but in a culturally diverse group it is far better than the alternative.

Geoff

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.

От: "(Daniel Stolf)"
Сообщение: Re: adding a bdr node using bcv backup
От: Geoff Winkless
Сообщение: Re: CoC [Final]