Re: Never asked to set Master Password

От Richard Brockie
Тема Re: Never asked to set Master Password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
The need for a master password has gone away as keychain(? on MacOS) is now used: https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/development/master_password.html

"pgAdmin 4 uses the operating system password store by default to store the saved server passwords in desktop mode from version 7.2 onwards and Master password will not be required."

The default user/password combination for postgresql itself depends a lot on the installation method. Which OS, and how did you install postgresql?

Best wishes,
Richard Brockie

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 7:36 AM Tim Quinn <timquinnsm@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to open PostgreSQL in pgAdmin4 but it never asked me to set a master password when opening. When I try to open the Server "PostgreSQL 14" it asks for my password. The password I set up while installing PostgreSQL 14, does not work.

I am stuck and I can't find anything online on how to get past this error message. I see others have had the same issue but no solution.

I apologize since I am learning! Please let me know what I can do to move forward.

Thank you,
-Tim Q

--
    R.

Richard Brockie

Real-time bicycle race management - www.ontheday.net

От: Tim Quinn
Сообщение: Re: Never asked to set Master Password
От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: Never asked to set Master Password