Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 7:55 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 7:38 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Attaching v5 patch, please have a look.
> >
> > We get the following error while adding an index:
> > create publication mypub for table idx_t1;
> > ERROR:  "idx_t1" is an index
> >
> > This error occurs internally from table_openrv function call, if we
> > could replace this with relation_openrv and then check the table kind,
> > we could throw a similar error message here too like the other changes
> > in the patch.
>
> Do you say that we replace table_open in publication_add_relation with
> relation_open and have the "\"%s\" is an index" or "\"%s\" is a
> composite type" checks in check_publication_add_relation? If that is
> so, I don't think it's a good idea to have the extra code in
> check_publication_add_relation and I would like it to be the way it is
> currently.

Before calling check_publication_add_relation, we will call
OpenTableList to get the list of relations. In openTableList we don't
include the errordetail for the failure like you have fixed it in
check_publication_add_relation. When a user tries to add index objects
or composite types, the error will be thrown earlier itself. I didn't
mean to change check_publication_add_relation, I meant to change
table_openrv to relation_openrv in OpenTableList and include error
details in case of failure like the change attached. If you are ok,
please include the change in your patch.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce
От: "Andres Freund"
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce