Re: Implement generalized sub routine find_in_log for tap test

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Implement generalized sub routine find_in_log for tap test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 26 May 2023 at 04:09, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 06:34:20PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> > However, none of the other functions in ::Utils know anything about node
> > objects, which makes me think it should be a method on the node itself
> > (i.e. in PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster) instead.  Also, I think log_contains
> > would be a better name, since it just returns a boolean.  The name
> > find_in_log makes me think it would return the log lines matching the
> > pattern, or the position of the match in the file.
> >
> > In that case, the slurp_file() call would have to be fully qualified,
> > since ::Cluster uses an empty import list to avoid polluting the method
> > namespace with imported functions.
>
> Hmm.  connect_ok() and connect_fails() in Cluster.pm have a similar
> log comparison logic, feeding from the offset of a log file.  Couldn't
> you use the same code across the board for everything?  Note that this
> stuff is parameterized so as it is possible to check if patterns match
> or do not match, for multiple patterns.  It seems to me that we could
> use the new log finding routine there as well, so how about extending
> it a bit more?  You would need, at least:
> - One parameter for log entries matching.
> - One parameter for log entries not matching.

I felt adding these to log_contains was making the function slightly
complex with multiple checks. I was not able to make it simple with
the approach I tried. How about having a common function
check_connect_log_contents which has the common log contents check for
connect_ok and connect_fails function like the v2-0002 patch attached.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?