Re: logical replication seems broken

От vignesh C
Тема Re: logical replication seems broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > On 2021.02.15. 12:31 Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
thisbug)

> > > +1 for the idea of having a test for this. I have written a test for this.
> > > Thanks for the fix Amit, I could reproduce the issue without your fix
> > > and verified that the issue gets fixed with the patch you shared.
> > > Attached a patch for the same. Thoughts?
> > >

> > I have slightly modified the comments in the test case to make things
> > clear. I am planning not to backpatch this because there is no way in
> > the core code to hit this prior to commit ce0fdbfe97 and we haven't
> > received any complaints so far. What do you think?
>
> My tests indeed run OK with this.
>
> (I haven't tested whether the newly added test actually tests for the problem that was there - I suppose one of you
didthat)

I could re-create the scenario that you had faced with this test. This
test case is a simplified test of your script, I have removed the use
of pgbench, reduced the number of tables used and simulated the same
problem with the similar replication setup that you had used.

Regards,
Vignesh