Re: dropdb --force

От vignesh C
Тема Re: dropdb --force
Дата
Re: dropdb --force  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 10:21 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for careful review. I hope so all issues are out.

Thanks Pavel for fixing the comments.
Few comments:
The else part cannot be hit in DropDatabase function as gram.y expects FORCE.
+
+ if (strcmp(opt->defname, "force") == 0)
+ force = true;
+ else
+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
+ errmsg("unrecognized DROP DATABASE option \"%s\"", opt->defname),
+ parser_errposition(pstate, opt->location)));
+ }
+

We should change gram.y to accept any keyword and throw error from
DropDatabase function.
+ */
+drop_option: FORCE
+ {
+ $$ = makeDefElem("force", NULL, @1);
+ }
+ ;

"This will also fail" should be "This will fail"
+     <para>
+      This will fail, if current user has no permissions to terminate other
+      connections. Required permissions are the same as with
+      <literal>pg_terminate_backend</literal>, described
+      in <xref linkend="functions-admin-signal"/>.
+
+      This will also fail if we are not able to terminate connections or
+      when there are active prepared transactions or active logical replication
+      slots.
+     </para>

Can we add few tests for this feature.

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Auxiliary Processes and MyAuxProc
От: Mike Palmiotto
Сообщение: Re: Auxiliary Processes and MyAuxProc