Re: [16+] subscription can end up in inconsistent state

От vignesh C
Тема Re: [16+] subscription can end up in inconsistent state
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 at 03:25, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2023-11-27 at 10:26 +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> > The patch was not applying on HEAD because of recent commits, the
> > attached v6 version patch is rebased on top of HEAD.
>
> Thank you, committed with minor modifications.
>
> I decided to do:
>
>    libpqrcv_check_conninfo(conninfo, must_use_password);
>
> rather than:
>
>    if (must_use_password)
>       libpqrcv_check_conninfo(conninfo, true);
>
> because if there's some parsing error then we wouldn't like it to be
> conditional on must_use_password. Of course, there should not be any
> parsing error because it was already validated at DDL time, but in case
> there's another way to get into an inconsistent state, we might as well
> re-validate here.

There was a buildfarm failure at [1], I was able to reproduce it in my
environment. The changes suggested by Tom Lane at [2] fixes the
problem. Apart from that pg_hba.conf should have authentication
configuration for the host which does not use unix domain sockets. The
attached patch has the changes for the same.

[1] - https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2024-01-16%2013%3A33%3A08
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1641594.1705374393%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Regards,
Vignesh

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18299: yum.postgresql.org/keys website is down (404 error) and can't download keys
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18301: version mismatch