Re: Never asked to set Master Password

От Tim Quinn
Тема Re: Never asked to set Master Password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Karl,

I do not see my email anywhere on pgAdmin4? There is nothing in the upper right hand corner to click on.

So maybe I am not logged in. How can I log in or create an account?

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 1.37.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-24 at 1.37.05 PM.png

Thank you,

-Tim Q

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 11:08 AM Karl O. Pinc <kop@karlpinc.com> wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:47:00 -0700
Tim Quinn <timquinnsm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to open PostgreSQL in pgAdmin4 but it never asked me to
> set a master password when opening. When I try to open the Server
> "PostgreSQL 14" it asks for my password. The password I set up while
> installing PostgreSQL 14, does not work.

PgAdmin4 requires you login to _it_, before you can use your
PostgreSQL credentials to connect to a database.

If you have gotten to the point where you can choose a DB server
you have logged into pgAdmin4.  You need (IIRC) to tell pgAdmin4
what your PG username is (if not also your PG password) -- the
PG username that goes with the DB server.  IIRC, you get to this
by way of clicking on your email address (your pgAdmin4 login name)
in the upper right hand corner.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

От: "Karl O. Pinc"
Сообщение: Re: Never asked to set Master Password
От: "Karl O. Pinc"
Сообщение: Re: Never asked to set Master Password