Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 12:03 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 4:36 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also needed fixes when rebasing.

Needed another rebase.

As the changes being made with the patch are non-trivial and the patch
hasn't been reviewed very significantly since Alvaro's comments back
in Sept 2021 which I've since addressed, I'm thinking of pushing this
one into the version 16 dev cycle.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

bq. makes permissions-checking needlessly expensive when many inheritance children are added to the range range

'range' is repeated in the above sentence.

+ExecCheckOneRelPerms(RelPermissionInfo *perminfo)

Since RelPermissionInfo is for one relation, I think the 'One' in func name can be dropped.

+       else                    /* this isn't a child result rel */
+           resultRelInfo->ri_RootToChildMap = NULL;
+       resultRelInfo->ri_RootToChildMapValid = true;

Should the assignment of true value be moved into the if block (in the else block, ri_RootToChildMap is assigned NULL) ?

+   /* Looks like the RTE doesn't, so try to find it the hard way. */

doesn't -> doesn't know

Cheers

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Adding CI to our tree
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations