Re: Terminating connection because of crash of another server process

От Deo Felix
Тема Re: Terminating connection because of crash of another server process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Please note that the server is in production and debug is not enabled, that is why there is not much information in the log file.
I'm starting working with your suggestion including reducing the work_mem

On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 12:27, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Fri, 2023-09-29 at 11:21 +0300, Deo Felix wrote:
> Please find the screenshot of  error from the log file  postgresqlerror.png

It is really amazing how much effort you make *not* to share
any relevant information with us.  But there is finally some
interesting message hidden in your image:

 server process (PID 14257) was terminated by signal 9: Killed

Since I don't expect that random users on your server machine
go around "kill -9"-ing PostgreSQL processes, it is very likely
that PostgreSQL is crashed by the Linux out-of-memory killer.

You should disable memory overcommit, see
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/kernel-resources.html#LINUX-MEMORY-OVERCOMMIT

Then you will start getting "out of memory" errors instead of
crashes.  To combat these, reduce the memory usage parameters,
mostly "work_mem", or reduce the number of active database sessions
by using a connection pool.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Deo Felix
Сообщение: Re: Terminating connection because of crash of another server process
От: Deepak Goel
Сообщение: Re: Terminating connection because of crash of another server process