Re: Remove unneeded PGDATABASE setting from TAP tests

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Remove unneeded PGDATABASE setting from TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 8:36 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 07:24:08AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> > Some of the TAP tests are explicitly setting PGDATABASE environment
> > variable to 'postgres', which isn't needed because the TAP test's perl
> > library PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster already sets it once and for all.
> > I've attached a patch that removes all such unneeded PGDATABASE
> > settings.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Hmm.  I don't see any reason to not do that as these are not really
> self-documenting either.  How about 011_clusterdb_all.pl for
> PGDATABASE?

Oh, yeah. We can remove that too, after all, PGDATABASE is being set
to postgres the default database which PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster does
set for us. I was earlier swayed by the comment atop the PGDATABASE
setting in 011_clusterdb_all.pl. Attached is v2 patch with this
change.

We perhaps can re-word and retain the comment in 011_clusterdb_all.pl,
which I think unnecessary as the code around 'alldb' if-else condition
in clusterdb.c can tell that.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: shveta malik
Сообщение: Re: Track in pg_replication_slots the reason why slots conflict?
От: Shubham Khanna
Сообщение: Re: Assorted typo fixes