Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:00 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> > +1 for the change of the error messages.
>
> Yeah, this error message seems outright buggy.  However, it's a minor
> matter.  Also, some people think "positive" is the same thing as
> "non-negative", so maybe we need less ambiguous wording?

Since value 0 can't be considered as either a positive or negative
integer, I think we can do as following(roughly):

if (value < 0) "requires a zero or positive integer value"
if (value <= 0) "requires a positive integer value"

I'm not sure whether we should consider changing these messages:
remainder for hash partition must be a non-negative integer
parallel vacuum degree must be a non-negative integer
repeat count size must be a non-negative integer
number of workers must be a non-negative integer
%s requires a non-negative numeric value
distance in phrase operator should be non-negative and less than %d

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft