Re: parallel vacuum - few questions on docs, comments and code

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: parallel vacuum - few questions on docs, comments and code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 10:43 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Done that way.
> >
> > PSA patch.
>
> Your changes look good.  About changing the "non-negative integer" to
> "greater than or equal to zero", there is another thread [1], I am not
> sure that have we concluded anything there yet.
>
> - pg_log_error("parallel vacuum degree must be a non-negative integer");
> + pg_log_error("parallel workers for vacuum must be greater than or
> equal to zero");
>   exit(1);
>
> [1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB5716415335A06B489F1B3A8194569@OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Yeah. Tom proposed if (foo <= 0) { error:"foo must be greater than
zero" } at [1]. In the subsequent messages both Michael and I agreed
with that. But we also have cases like  if (foo < 0) for which I think
{ error:"foo must be greater than or equal to zero" } would be better,
similar to what's proposed. Please feel free to provide your thoughts
there in that thread.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/621822.1620655780%40sss.pgh.pa.us

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: Can a child process detect postmaster death when in pg_usleep?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements