Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 6, 2024 at 12:18 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why the handling w.r.t active_pid in InvalidatePossiblyInactiveSlot()
> is not similar to InvalidatePossiblyObsoleteSlot(). Won't we need to
> ensure that there is no other active slot user? Is it sufficient to
> check inactive_since for the same? If so, we need some comments to
> explain the same.

I removed the separate functions and with minimal changes, I've now
placed the RS_INVAL_INACTIVE_TIMEOUT logic into
InvalidatePossiblyObsoleteSlot and use that even in
CheckPointReplicationSlots.

> Can we avoid introducing the new functions like
> SaveGivenReplicationSlot() and MarkGivenReplicationSlotDirty(), if we
> do the required work in the caller?

Hm. Removed them now.

Please see the attached v38 patch.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: "Andrey M. Borodin"
Сообщение: Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts