Re: function for testing that causes the backend to terminate

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: function for testing that causes the backend to terminate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 4:36 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 4:27 PM Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For testing unusual situations I'd like to be able to cause a backend to terminate due to something like a
segfault.Do we currently have this in testing ?

> Well, you could use pg_terminate_backend which sends SIGTERM to the
> backend. However, we don't have a function that sends SIGSEGV yet, you
> could signal the backend with SIGSEGV directly, if possible.

And, I came across an extension called pg_crash [1], see if that helps.

[1] https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/pg_crash-crashing-postgresql-automatically/

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Identify missing publications from publisher while create/alter subscription.