Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS
Дата
RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS  ("houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com" <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 7:12 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> I am afraid that the using the FSM seems not get a stable performance gain(at least on my machine),
> I will take a deep look into this to figure out the difference. A naive idea it that the benefit that bulk extension
> bring is not much greater than the cost in FSM.
> Do you have some ideas on it ?

I think, if we try what Amit and I said in [1], we should get some
insights on whether the bulk relation extension is taking more time or
the FSM lookup. I plan to share the testing patch adding the timings
and the counters so that you can also test from your end. I hope
that's fine with you.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACXskhY58%3DFh8TioKLL1DXYkKdyEyWFYykf-6aLJgJ2qmQ%40mail.gmail.com

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS