Re: AlterSubscription_refresh "wrconn" wrong variable?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: AlterSubscription_refresh "wrconn" wrong variable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 7:18 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

makingit consistent with other functions in subscriptioncmds.c (e.g. DropSubscription).

isstill posslble if the apply worker ever manages to do a subscription refresh. e.g. see [1]

> > > PSA v3 of the patch. Same as before, but now also renames the global
> > > variable from "wrconn" to "lrep_worker_wrconn".
> > >

> > Thanks for updating patch. I'm confused why we move the walrcv_connect() out of
> > PG_TRY() block?
> > +       /* Try to connect to the publisher. */
> > +       wrconn = walrcv_connect(sub->conninfo, true, sub->name, &err);
> > +       if (!wrconn)
> > +               ereport(ERROR,
> > +                               (errmsg("could not connect to the publisher: %s", err)));
> > +
> >         PG_TRY();
> >         {
> > -               /* Try to connect to the publisher. */
> > -               wrconn = walrcv_connect(sub->conninfo, true, sub->name, &err);
> > -               if (!wrconn)
> > -                       ereport(ERROR,
> > -                                       (errmsg("could not connect to the publisher: %s", err)));
> > -
> >                 /* Get the table list from publisher. */
> >                 pubrel_names = fetch_table_list(wrconn, sub->publications);
>
> Thanks for your review. Reason for moving that out of the PG_TRY are:
>
> a) It makes code now consistent with other functions using wrconn. See
> CreateSubscription, DropSubscription etc
>
> b) It means don't need the wrconn NULL check anymore in the PG_FINALLY
> so it simplifies the disconnect.

And even if any error occurs after the connection is established and
while libpqrcv_PQexec is being done in libpqrcv_connect, we reach
PG_FINALLY() block to disconnect the connection, so no connection leak
can occur.

Patch looks good to me except for the comments in the commit message:
1) it crosses 80 char limit 2) a typo : "posslble"

Please add it to the current commitfest if not done already so that we
don't lose track of it and the patch gets a chance to be tested.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
От: ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Сообщение: Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?