Re: RE: [GENERAL] INSERT. RETURNING for copying records

От dinesh kumar
Тема Re: RE: [GENERAL] INSERT. RETURNING for copying records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi David,

I am not sure the RETURNING offers you the following behavior ..

< What I'm looking for >

+--------------+-----+

| original_rid | rid |

+--------------+-----+

| 1            | 4   |

| 2            | 5   |

| 3            | 6   |

+--------------+-----+

I believe, the following example gives you the desired results once we insert completes..

postgres=# SELECT * FROM TEST;
 t |   t1
---+--------
 1 | Dinesh
 2 | Dinesh
 3 | Kumar
 4 | Kumar
 5 | Manoja
(5 rows)

postgres=# SELECT MIN(T),MAX(T),T1 FROM TEST GROUP BY T1 HAVING MIN(T)!=MAX(T);
 min | max |   t1
   1 |   2 | Dinesh
   3 |   4 | Kumar
(2 rows)

Best Regards,
Dinesh

От: Gražvydas Valeika
Сообщение: Re: Packaging of plpython
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL server embedded in NAS firmware?