Re: Connection queuing by connection pooling libraries

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: Connection queuing by connection pooling libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 23:20, Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 23:09, Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 22:45, Saurav Sarkar <saurav.sarkar1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

A basic question on handling large number of concurrent requests on DB.

I have a cloud service which can get large of requests which will obviously trigger the db operations.

Every db will have some max connection limit which can get exhausted on large number of requests.

I know db connection pooling can be used to reuse the connections but it will not help when there are large number of active concurrent connections. My queries are already optimised and short living.

For that i need some queuing mechanism like pgbouncer for postgres https://www.percona.com/blog/2021/02/26/connection-queuing-in-pgbouncer-is-it-a-magical-remedy/

pgbounder i understand is a proxy which needs to be separately installed on the web or db server.

I was thinking if the normal client side db connection pooling libraries like Apache DBCP , can also provide similar connection queuing while running in the application runtime.

also pls checkout, i forgot to link early on
it explains the reasons, too many direct connections may result in performance issues.

От: Kristjan Mustkivi
Сообщение: How to rename in-use logical replication publication?
От: Lucas
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 high replication lag - Part 2