Re: Size of Path nodes

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Size of Path nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The planner does not
> normally[1] use the same path type to represent two fundamentally different
> execution plans with enormously different cost estimates

Eh, this is a typical object modelling dilemma. There are lots of
different path types and many of them share a lot of properties but
depending on which way you look at things different sets of them seem
to be the same thing. BitmapScan is very like a Seqscan and
MergeAppend is like Append but have different node types, but nodes
with Filters attached didn't become FilteredSeqScan and
FilteredIndexScan etc... I'm not sure which Parallel is more like and
it may be more convenient for the planner one way and other parts the
other.

--
greg

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Size of Path nodes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.