Re: BUG #13637: ~2 GB psql import fails with out of memory error on machine with 64 GB RAM

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: BUG #13637: ~2 GB psql import fails with out of memory error on machine with 64 GB RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 3:06 AM,  <aaron@heyaaron.com> wrote:
> It runs for a few minutes, and then I either get an out of memory error, or
> it appears to exit normally without importing the data.
>
> Thinking it was because my 'dev' server is only 512 MB, I temporarily scaled
> it up to 8 GB.  Same error.

I would suggest posting the actual error. There are various errors
that can be read as "out of memory" but they're not really the same
thing. If you had free memory on the machine then which error it was
specifically might be important. Also Postgres prints more information
than just "out of memory" and that additional context could be
helpful.

--
greg

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13677: CPU 100% for WITH RECURSIVE CTE Queries
От: i.frolkov@postgrespro.ru
Сообщение: BUG #13679: Planer chooses not optimal plan