Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 12:30 PM Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 2:34 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 03.01.24 13:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 07.12.23 14:24, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
>> We have the same issue with integer conversion and need a fix.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I was using int8in() for the conversion of numeric
>> values. We should be using numeric_int8() instead. However, there is
>> no opt_error version of the same.
>>
>> So, I have introduced a numeric_int8_opt_error() version just like we
>> have one for int4, i.e. numeric_int4_opt_error(), to suppress the
>> error. These changes are in the 0001 patch. (All other patch numbers
>> are now increased by 1)
>>
>> I have used this new function to fix this reported issue and used
>> numeric_int4_opt_error() for integer conversion.
>
> I have committed the 0001 and 0002 patches for now.
>
> The remaining patches look reasonable to me, but I haven't reviewed them
> in detail.

The 0002 patch had to be reverted, because we can't change the order of
the enum values in JsonPathItemType.  I have instead committed a
different patch that adjusts the various switch cases to observe the
current order of the enum.  That also means that the remaining patches
that add new item methods need to add the new enum values at the end and
adjust the rest of their code accordingly.

Thanks, Peter.

I will work on rebasing and reorganizing the remaining patches.

Attached are rebased patches.

Thanks

Thanks

--
Jeevan Chalke
Principal

edbpostgres.com

--
Jeevan Chalke
Principal, Manager

edbpostgres.com

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations