Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> * Improve memory usage for in-memory sorts - IMHO this should read
> "Allow in-memory sorts to use their full memory allocation", which
> then explains why users may see higher memory usage and why they
> should think about altering settings

+1. As I believe you pointed out at the time of the development of
this feature, it has the potential to greatly increase the amount of
memory allocated by tuplesort, but only within the actual bounds
specified by the DBA. There needs to be a clear warning of that - it's
easy to imagine that DBAs are specifying a high value of work_mem to
compensate for the previous implementation's tendency to under
provision.

> * "Require superuser privileges to set commit_delay"
> Meaning of commit_delay has changed and users should review their
> settings, if used

+1

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items