Re: an attempt to fix the Google search problem

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: an attempt to fix the Google search problem
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
> I do.  It's often successful.

If I search for "postgresql jsonb", the first result I see is
"PostgreSQL: Documentation: 9.4: JSON Types", which is what I'd expect
(though, the current version would be better). If I search for
"postgresql jsonb 9.5", I don't see the result "JSON Types" at all,
for any version on the first page of results. I do see "9.5: JSON
Functions and Operators", presumably because those changed in 9.5.

Most of the important information about jsonb is under "JSON Types",
and I don't get to see that at all. I think that putting a version
number into Google is a pretty bad strategy. By making the current
version of each page canonical (or, the latest version that still has
the page), we'd be better off on average. There might be a cost, but
it seems well worth it to me.

--
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: an attempt to fix the Google search problem
От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: an attempt to fix the Google search problem