[pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Load module's JS files only when required

От Surinder Kumar
Тема [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Load module's JS files only when required
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

As per pgAdmin4 design, template JS files can either be preloaded or load when a specific node expands (by adding for e.g.: when: 'server').

The JS files of several modules found to be loaded when pgAdmin4 loads which results in increasing:
  • the number of http requests
  • latency(greater request time)
  • pgAdmin4 load time
Tested on Firefox:

Before applying patch
  • http requests - 143
  • Content size - 3.4 MB
  • Load time: 4.1s (onload: 524ms)
After applying patch
  • http requests: 68
  • Content size: 2.1 MB
  • Load time: 2.84s (onload: 481ms)

Also, I found the http request for gravtar takes much time(depending on internet speed) to load which increases load time.

Shouldn't the gravatar image be replaced with custom image ? I don't see its any use except displaying for user.

Patch changes:

1) Load following modules JS when 'servers' node expands:
  •  Roles
  •  FileManager
  •  Backup
  •  Datagrid
  •  Grant wizard
  •  Import/Export, Maintenance & restore
  •  Sqleditor
2) Load Debugger JS when database node expands

3) Load Flotr2 when render function is called in dashboard.js

4) Load BigNumber library when sorting is performed on Statistics tab in backgrid.pgadmin.js

5) Remove 'backgrid.select.all' from dependency list(user_management.js) as it had no use.

After applying this patch, Menu items such "Query tool", "Grant wizard" don't appear in Tools menu.
I have logged an RM2424 to track this.

Please find attached patch and review.

Thanks
Surinder

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4