Re: [pgAdmin 4 - Bug #3556] Slash "/" in server group breaks table contents

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: [pgAdmin 4 - Bug #3556] Slash "/" in server group breaks table contents
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Jan,

Could you please upgrade pgAdmin4 to 3.2 and give a try. I tried on 3.2, works fine for me.
Let us know if you face the problem.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 5:13 PM, Jan Birk <jan.g.birk@gmail.com> wrote:

Sure and sorry I didn't do it from the beginning:

Version
3.0
Copyright
Copyright 2013 - 2018, The pgAdmin Development Team
Python Version
2.7.5 (default, May 29 2017, 20:42:36) [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11)]
Flask Version
0.12.2
Application Mode
Server
Current User
jbi@stil.dk

Thanks for a very fine product - we are very happy to use it and have a big benefit out of it.

/Jan

Den 16-08-2018 kl. 13:36 skrev redmine@postgresql.org:
Issue #3556 has been updated by Aditya Toshniwal.

Jan Birk wrote:

Sure,

I did mean servername and not servergroup name.

The first screenshot is OK and then I rename servername from "Slash-Slash" to Slash/Slash" (reset layout) and now it breaks when selecting ex last 100 rows... and returns ".... was not found on this server."

A quick fix could bee to disallow use of "/" in servernames :-)

Thanks for at very useful product.

/Jan

Hi Jan,

I tried to simulate the steps and it works fine for me. Attached is the screenshot.
Could you please let us know which version of pgAdmin4 are you using. The latest version is 3.2.

Thanks.

Bug #3556: Slash "/" in server group breaks table contents

  • Author: Jan Birk
  • Assignee: Aditya Toshniwal
  • Category:
  • Target version:
  • Platform: Web
  • Area: User Interface
  • Difficulty:
  • Sprint: EDB Sprint 21

Hi

If you make a servergroup and name it with slash'es ex "aaa/bbb" you will not be able til use sql's.

Best

/Jan

Filespgadmin4-servername-ok.png (82.2 KB)
pgadmin-servername-not-ok.png (49.1 KB)
slash-simulate-1.png (290 KB)

To change your notification preferences, please click here: https://redmine.postgresql.org/my/account

--

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jan Birk
Høvedstensvej 13
2650 Hvidovre
Mobile: +45 41741615

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal

От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed issue where "Backup Globals" not working correctly
От: Jan Birk
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin 4 - Bug #3556] Slash "/" in server group breaks tablecontents