- Архив списков рассылки pgadmin-support

От Frank Gunseor
Тема
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

I am trying to connect to a PostgreSQL database remotely.

I have read the documentation for PostgreSQland pgAdmin, but apparently it is not sinking in or making sense.

My situation is:

I am running PostgreSQL 15 on a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine on VirtualBox. The virtual machine also has a Host Only Network besides the NAT Network. I want to connect to the database from my desktop that is hosting the VM with VirtualBox using pgAdmin. I can connect to the database on the virtual machine on VirtualBox using pgAdmin.

Here is the connection string: "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=googleLens user=postgres password=XXXXXXX sslmode=prefer connect_timeout=10".

Do I need to remove the sslmode to connect remotely?

The postgresql.conf  contains listen addresses = '*'.

I have tried so many combinations in the pg_hba.conf that I am almost going blind.

I can not connect using pgAdmin on the desktop.

In the Register - Server windows under the General tab can the Name be anything?

Under the Connection tab is the Host name/address the Host Only Network of the machine the server is running on?

Everytime I try to connect I get an "Unable to connect to server, connection timeout expired" error!

I would appreciate any and all help. Or point me to a clear resource. Please DO NOT tell me to RTFM because I HAVE done so numerous times.

Thank you.

Frank Gunseor