Citus Maintenance Worker & template1 database

От Joshua Kramer
Тема Citus Maintenance Worker & template1 database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello All-

This question relates to a specific implementation of Dockerized
CitusDB that was created by Josh Berkus
(https://github.com/jberkus/atomicdb).  In this implementation, the
Citus extension is attached to the template1 database, presumably so
that newly created databases also pick up Citus.

Seeing that this was last worked on a couple of years ago, I'm
wondering if this is still the best practice?  The reason I ask is,
whenever you add the Citus extension to a database, a Citus
Maintenance Daemon starts and connects to that database.  If the
daemon connects to template1, then it's impossible to create new
databases since Postgres complains about there being a connection to
that database.

Of course, maybe I need to step back and ask if there is another set
of scripts that have been written to set up Citus on a Kubernetes
cluster??  My goal after finding Josh's project was to modify it to
work with CentOS 7.

Thanks!
-JK

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL LDAP \ Kerberos
От: Karen Goh
Сообщение: How do I import a sql file into pgAdmin4 ?