Re: Permission to allow testing harness to send error reports for pgweb directly to mailing list.

От Akshat Jaimini
Тема Re: Permission to allow testing harness to send error reports for pgweb directly to mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello,

> That is, if it finds the same issue on a later run, it must not re-send the same thing. How does it work in regards to that today?

As per the current flow whenever a new commit is pushed to the pgweb repo, the tests are executed. If some tests fail, an error report is sent with the information of all the failed tests. So if that particular issue has been resolved, the same report won't be sent but if some other commit is pushed without resolving that particular issue then that particular error will be reported again.

As far as the previous test runs have been considered, most of the errors that have been caught are related to broken urls or some other small problems that are usually fixed with a single commit so I don't think that a single report would be re-sent that often.

If this functionality is required then I'll be more than happy to add it. We can add some sort of a log/cache type structure that checks if a given report with similar content has been sent to the mailing list in a given time interval, let's say 15 days for now.

Regards,
Akshat Jaimini

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 12:08 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 8:24 AM Akshat Jaimini <destrex271@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> The testing harness has been successfull at catching multiple issues in pgweb in the past few months. The reports are for now being sent to me via email in case of any failure.
>
> Is it ok if  I can setup the harness to send the error reports directly to the mailing list?

Hi!

I think that would be reasonable, *if* it is ensured that a report is
only sent once. That is, if it finds the same issue on a later run, it

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Permission to allow testing harness to send error reports for pgweb directly to mailing list.
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Mailing list subscription's mail delivery delays?