Updates PGWeb Testing Harness Suite

От Akshat Jaimini
Тема Updates PGWeb Testing Harness Suite
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello everyone,

I am writing to inform you that the pgweb testing harness suit has been completed halfway. I have been working on this project for GSoC 2023 under the mentorship of Stephen Frost and Ilaria Battiston. We have added essential functional tests to the suite, and we are now working on adding more comprehensive tests.

The pgweb testing harness suit is a set of automated tests that are used to ensure the quality of the pgweb web application. The tests cover a wide range of functionality, including authentication, authorization, data manipulation, and error handling. We have also added tests for checking if the documentation loading and rendering processes are working as intended.

The tests completed so far are -
  - A health check test for all the links(internal and external) present on the website.
  - Functional Tests for the following forms:
      - Submission of news articles
      - User Registration and Authentication
      - Submission of Organisations
      - Submission of Events & Rendering on Events Page
      - Submission of Products & Rendering on Products Page
      - Submission of Professional Services & Rendering on Prof Services Page
      - Submission of Bug Reports
      - Changes/Updates in User Profile
      - Docload process for loading documentations
      - Rendering of loaded documentation on the website.
 - Tests to be completed
     - Integration with pgarchives
     - Accessibility tests for UI to comply with ADA and Web standards

Some other features left include proper logging mechanism and notification system to alert for any failures (maybe via a website), which is now being done in the form of a log file generated as an artifact on github actions.

We would like you all to utilize the suite for future debugging activities related to the pgweb codebase. Contributions and suggestions are always welcome!

Please find the testing suite at : https://github.com/destrex271/pgweb-testing-harness/

Regards,
Akshat Jaimini

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page