Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3
Дата
Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3  (Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 11:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> I made some beautification of the patch by Andrei.  I also removed the
> part which changes the target list for estimate_num_groups().  Any
> objections to pushing this?

It seems moderately likely that this will break as much as it fixes.

I've not studied the original patch enough to understand why you need
to be playing strange games with tree mutation rules, but I suspect
that this is band-aiding over some rather fundamentally bad code.

I also have some concerns about this patch.  It requires that
root->parse remains unchanged during the whole subquery_planner() in
order to work, which is an implicit constraint we did not have before.

Thanks
Richard

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3
От: Andrei Lepikhov
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3